How to Find Us
King George V Recreational Grounds
Oktoberfest Travel Advice
When traveling to Oktoberfest we would suggest to all our visitors to use the great public transport available around Stevenage as there will be no parking available on site.
The Westgate Shopping Centre is situated a short 10 minute walk from the venue.
Stevenage train station is located approximately 0.7 miles from the venue grounds.
Trains run regularly from the surrounding areas leaving you with a 14 minute walk or a 4 minute taxi ride.
National Rail Enquiries can be used to book a train ticket/check train times
There are some great taxis available in the Stevenage area so please take full advantage of these when getting to Oktoberfest Stevenage.
Please note that there is no dropping-off or picking-up at the venue, the suggested taxi rank can be found on Danestrete, opposite West Gate Shopping Centre and is a short walk to the event site..
ABC Taxi's LTD
Gold Star Taxi's
- Travelling East or West, take the A1 exit on the north side of the M25,
- Follow the A1 for 14.8 miles
- After reaching a roundabout take the third exit (right)
- Take the first exit (left) at the next roundabout
- Follow the road, straight over the first roundabout on Gunnels Wood Road
- At the second roundabout on Gunnels Wood Road take the second exit (right)
- First exit (left) at the next roundabout
- Followed by the third exit (right) at the next and final roundabout.
- The entrance to the venue is located on the right, 0.2 miles from the final roundabout along Shish Lane.
There are carparks located around the town centre.
The closest is Gates Way Public Car Park.
Further details of car parks close to the event and in the town centre can be found by following this link http://www.stevenage.gov.uk/parking/car-parks/